Museum Frauenkultur Regional–International im Marstall von Schloss Burgfarrnbach/Fürth
Museum of Women's Culture Regional-International, Marstall of the Castle of Burgfarrnbach/Fürth
May 6 through October 30, 2022
digital, equitable, sustainable"
Catalogue (in German)
(252 pages, over 200 photos)
order here (10€ nominal fee + Porto)
Visiting our museum
Museum Opening Hours (Info)
objects of the week
|Enjoy a virtual tour through our museum! (youtube)|
|robot-task for children and parents (in German) (youtube)|
|exhibition: Frauen und Technik (Videoclip, mp4 - 3 Min.) [DE]
[verfügbar bis 16.06.2021] BR Mediathek
|Please refer to our MUSEUM ONLINE, to Technology#Female#Logical 2021 Technology#Female#Logical 2020, youtube, Instagram, Facebook, und twitter for more information.|
This is a very relevant topic as girls and young women are increasingly encouraged to turn to an education in engineering and technology. Our exhibition will feature distinguished female pioneers from the metropolitan region as well as women who currently hold positions in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) and technical trade.
The stories and achievements of these women will be told through portraits, objects and the arts, in the hopes of inspiring young women to pursue careers in STEM or skilled trade. The exhibit will include interactive, experimental components, and pertinent workshops for girls. We are going to challenge the notion that men are developers of technology while women are primarily consumers of it.
For the first time, the museum will collaborate with the technology & journalism program at the Technical University of Nuremberg (Prof. Dr. Beatrice Dernbach), and the communications department at the University of Bamberg (Dr. Kristina Wied). During the winter semester of 2019/2020, students of both schools will conduct interviews and lend their support in our advertising efforts.
The artists who worked on this exhibition
- Bala, Elisabeth "bionics" [our blog '20-1] [our blog '20-2] [our blog '20-3] [website] [our blog '18]
- Büdel, Meide – "Berührung" [our blog] [website]
- Christlein, Vivian – Vorhang aus Kupferdraht [our blog] [exhibition "Textilmuseum Helmbrechts"]
- Herzig, Heidi – 1. "Video Diaschau", 2. "Anna" - (Fabrikbuch) [our blog] [vimeo] [fabrikbaby] Instagram [@heidi_herzig + @heidiherzig_officialband]
- Horn, Annette [website] [our blog]
- Kress-Schmidt, Irene – "Gottesanbeterin" [our blog] [website]
- Lobenhofer-Albrecht, Silvia – "Viromat" = Virenstaubsauger [our blog] [website]
- Martínez Linares, Carolina - "Binonischer Schmuck" [our blog] [website]
- Saffer, Julia – "Reddish vortexes" [our blog] [website 1] [website2]
- von Angerer, Rosanna "Eiskette" [our blog] [instagram: v.angererrosanna]
The introductions of the artists will be continued. You are also welcome to subscribe to the blog!
Das Museum wird gefördert von: